Whether you're here for business or pleasure, you may enjoy the convenience of flying directly in to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort via our private airfield.
Located in Farmington, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, our private airfield is of restricted usage, subject to prior approval and reservations made with the Security Department of Nemacolin Woodlands Resort. Nemacolin's airfield is located 62 miles southeast of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Lat: 39.48' 40.76"
Lon: -79.32' 36.14", Altitude 2007' MSL.
Runway Dimensions: 3,845’ by 49’
*Effective April 2015: Displaced threshold on runway 23 has been increased from 490’ to 935’ due to tree hazard.
Directions to the Nemacolin private airstrip from:
Morgantown (WV) VORTAC 21 DME on the 050° radial
Grantsville (MD) VORTAC 25 DME on the 300° radial
Allegheny (PA) VORTAC 36 DME on the 150° radial
The airfield code is P A 8 8. Radio 123.0 MHz
An estimate of current weather conditions may be obtained by using the worst of Johnstown (JST) or Morgantown (MGW). Ceiling and visibility as reported on the latest sequence. Radar services to the airfield are provided by Cleveland Air Route Traffic Control Center on 124.4 or 128.40 MHz. Safe recommended VFR Altitude within 20 NM of the airfield is 3800' MSL. Facilities consist of a hard surface runway, MIRLS. Key microphone 5 times rapidly on 123.0. There are no refueling, repair, or CFR services on site. PAPI System is currently not operational. DAYLIGHT OPERATIONS ONLY.
- Identify yourself by contacting Nemacolin Unicom on 123.0 MHz ten minutes prior to landing and prior to departure so that Security may check the runway.
- Ample parking is available. Please be mindful of prop-wash when parking due to a sensitive homeowner near the parking ramp (please park facing hillside). Please utilize the turn-around areas at the ends of runways 5 and 23 and do not attempt to turn in the middle of the runway.
- The grass areas along the runway are very soft and you will sink in if your plane goes into the grass. Nemacolin Woodlands does not have equipment on hand to pull out aircraft if they become stuck and cannot assist due to liability concerns.
- Please do not walk across the runway.
- Transportation for guests and luggage are provided to and from the hotel.
- Please lock your aircraft and use chocks prior to leaving the runway.
For Weather or Flight Plans: Altoona Flight Service - 1.800.992.7433.
For Airfield Reservations or more information, please contact the Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Security Department at 800.422.2736 or 724.329.6121, or by email at email@example.com.
We encourage at minimum 48 hours lead time on reservations and to call 24 hours prior to your reserved arrival time for latest updates or changes. Airfield is CLOSED from dusk to dawn daily and during inclement weather conditions.