FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Director of Marketing and PR
Public Relations Representative
212-724-7783, ext. 2
Activities and Sites Featured on ABC’s The Bachelorette Are Available to All Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Guests
FARMINGTON, PA (June 21, 2016) –Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, a 2,000-acre luxury retreat in southwestern Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands, was recently featured on two episodes of ABC’s reality romance series The Bachelorette. Since the show taped a few months ago and especially since the episodes aired on June 8 and June 20, fans have been interested in having some of the same experiences Bachelorette Joelle “JoJo” Fletcher and her suitors did while they were at the resort – without any of the romantic drama, of course.
In celebration of hosting The Bachelorette, the resort recently unveiled a “Red Rose Romance Package,” an exclusive package offering the opportunity for any couple to indulge in many of the activities seen on the show. For those who want to take it a step further, here’s a complete rundown of everything at Nemacolin that was seen in Episodes 4 and 5 … all of which can be experienced by any guest, even if there aren’t television cameras around.
- Chateau Lafayette/Presidential Suite: JoJo was a guest in Nemacolin’s finest suite. The Chateau Lafayette boasts 124 elegant rooms, all with vaulted ceilings and crown molding, crystal chandeliers and two-story Palladian windows … but the Presidential Suite takes luxury to a new level. Located on the Chateau’s Club Floor, the suite features grand furnishings, lavish bedding, private balcony access and vanishing television displays built in to the bathroom mirrors. Rates for the suite start at $1,699 per night.
- Arden Estates: In addition to three different hotel properties, Nemacolin is home to a variety of private vacation homes that are available for rent. JoJo’s suitors stayed in Arden Estates, a luxury home that underwent an extensive renovation just before the show was filmed. Arden Estates can house up to 22 people, and its lower level features a billiard table, poker table and bar area, all connected to a double-tiered deck with two hot tubs. In short, this home was made with entertaining in mind. Rentals start at $3,399 per night.
- Hardy Family Art Collection: The resort is home to $45 million worth of art that’s completely accessible to the public … and we’re not just talking about paintings and sculptures. Some of the art moves, as is the case with two modes of transportation used by JoJo herself. The first is a 1931 Pitcarin PA-8 classic airplane that once belonged to Hollywood icon Steve McQueen. It’s been fully restored and is airworthy … so it delivered JoJo to the resort’s private airstrip, where she was picked up by the resort’s 2004 Rolls Royce Phantom, recently included on Forbes Travel Guide’s list of “14 House Cars with Style.” Visitors can see the Pitcarin any day and at no charge by visiting the resort’s Pride and Joy Airplane Hanger. Guests of the resort’s AAA Five-Diamond boutique hotel, Falling Rock, are able to get an up-close look at the Rolls Royce Phantom, which will even provide impromptu chauffeured rides throughout the property for those guests.
- Driving Academy: The suitors arrived via a collection of vehicles that are part of the resort’s Off-Road Driving Academy. Guests can participate in an instructional series, then take a Jeep out for a drive through the woods … or simply go on a 30-minute ride-along.
- Dog Sledding: The resort’s team of huskies works year-round, taking guests out on the snowy hillsides of the Laurel Highlands in the winter months and covering the territory with a cart in the warmer months. The dogs chaperoned JoJo on one of her dates.
- Cabin at Beaver Creek: Another part of the private vacation home collection, this cabin was the site of a candlelit private dinner date. The cabin is situated on 200 private acres about 20 minutes away from the resort. It features a full kitchen, grand dining room with fireplace, large entertainment room with bar, and private hot tub and steam room. It can sleep six and is open from April through October at a rate of $1,500 per night.
- Falling Rock: This top-rated boutique hotel, which was inspired by the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, hosted the show’s after party. Room rates start at $319.
- Lautrec Restaurant: JoJo and a suitor spent time connecting in this space prior to the Rose Ceremony. Nemacolin’s signature dining experience takes place at the world’s only Forbes Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond restaurant helmed by a female chef, Kristin Butterworth.
- Tea Lounge at the Chateau Lafayette: This light and airy space was used during the rose ceremony, and is the perfect place to get traditional afternoon English tea and enjoy the surroundings of a hotel that was inspired by The Ritz in Paris.
- Cigar Bar at the Chateau Lafayette: The suitors spent some time bonding here, in a Speakeasy-style room where guests go to enjoy the world’s finest bourbons, whiskies and cognacs served by bartenders adorned in Prohibition-era attire. The room is filled with rich wood, cowhide and leather chairs and a large fireplace … and boasts a state-of-the-art filtration system. Among the interesting pieces of art on display here is one of Winston Churchill’s signature cigars – bronzed.
- Chateau Lafayette Lobby: This is where the show’s Rose Ceremony took place, but it also happens to be resort owner and president Maggie Hardy Magerko’s favorite spot on the 2,000-acre property.
Though that’s a long list, it just scratches the surface of what guests can see and do at the resort, which at last count offered 70 different amenities. For additional information about the resort, please visit www.Nemacolin.com or call 866-399-6957.
ABOUT NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS RESORT
Nemacolin is one of North America's premier luxury resort destinations. Situated on nearly 2,000 acres in Farmington, Pennsylvania, Nemacolin features 320 luxurious guestrooms, suites, townhouses and private upscale homes. The resort offers championship golf including the Pete Dye-designed Mystic Rock golf course, as well as an internationally acclaimed spa collection. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy our Shooting Academy, Wildlife Academy that features everything from safari tours to dog sledding, Adventure Center complete with ziplines and climbing wall, and Jeep Off-Road Driving Academy. Nemacolin boasts 15 restaurants and lounges, including Lautrec, a Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond restaurant experience. For meetings and events Nemacolin's 32,000 sq. ft. of conference space includes three ballrooms, a lecture hall and 25 meeting rooms.
For additional information, please visit our website at Nemacolin.com or call 866-399-6957.
ABOUT THE BACHELORETTE
Romance, rivalry and, quite possibly, true love! One lucky woman gets the opportunity to find the man of her dreams – and, she hopes, her groom-to-be – in this hit reality series. This single and eligible bachelorette – a confident, successful and sensitive woman who is ready to find love – will embark on a romantic journey as she meets single and eligible charming men. As the Bachelorette gets to know each one, she’ll continue to narrow the field. They will travel to exotic locations and spend time getting to know each other; she will introduce them to her family and friends and meet some of theirs. At the end of her romantic voyage, if she has found Mr. Right, will there be a proposal – and from whom? Hosted by Chris Harrison, The Bachelorette is produced by Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television.
For more information on The Bachelorette, visit http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelorette.