Statement by Nemacolin Woodlands Resort regarding fire at The Lodge:
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at approximately 10:31 p.m. a fire developed within the chimney of Nemacolin Woodlands Resort's original Lodge building. It was confirmed at 10:38 p.m. that the fire remained in the chimney by resort associates and local responding fire emergency personnel. At 11:40 p.m., the building was deemed safe by fire emergency personnel, following several inspections of the chimney and each guest floor. All guests were accounted for following procedural fire safety protocols and ultimately were able to return to their lodging.
The safety of our guests is our top priority and associates and emergency personnel reacted quickly by immediately evacuating guests from the original Lodge rooms, as a precautionary method. Nemacolin Woodlands Resort would like to express our deep appreciation and gratitude to the local emergency personnel for their prompt response and quick actions.
No injuries have been reported and there is no structural damage to the property.
For more information:
Director of Marketing and PR