FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Director of Marketing and PR
Public Relations Representative
212-724-7783, ext. 2
The Holidays are Jolly Days at Pennsylvania’s Luxurious Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
FARMINGTON, PA (November 21, 2016) – For a holiday season that’s merry and bright – and sprinkled with a heavy dose of pampering – head to Nemacolin Woodlands Resort.
The luxury resort in Pennsylvania’s Laurel Highlands spreads holiday cheer from Thanksgiving through New Year’s Day with a host of activities ranging from bonfires with S’mores to elf tuck-ins, and from special holiday spa treatments to resort-wide holiday lights and decorations.
The experience begins as guests enter the grand lobby of the resort’s Chateau Lafayette and encounter a walk-in gingerbread bakery serving fresh gingerbread cookies. From that point, the resort sweetens the experience with plenty more holiday activities for every member of the family.
There is no shortage of culinary options beginning Wednesday, Nov. 23, and continuing through New Year’s Day:
• Gingerbread Bakery – A life-size bakery in the grand lobby of the Chateau Lafayette will serve gingerbread cookies daily from Nov. 23 to New Year’s Day.
• Thanksgiving Day Brunch – Served from 11:00 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Marquis Ballroom, this true Thanksgiving feast features an extensive menu that includes Footprint Farms turkey and all the other holiday classics, mini desserts, and a full range of breakfast and lunch dishes. The meal features several “action stations” and ice carvings that overflow with fresh seafood from throughout the Northeast.
• Wine Tastings – On Saturdays at 4 p.m., the resort’s sommelier takes guests on a wine-tasting excursion through the finest vineyards in the world, no passport needed.
• Lautrec Christmas Brunch – From 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Christmas Day, enjoy an amazing brunch prepared by the resort’s award-winning culinary team. The meal will be served in Lautrec, the resort’s Five-Star, Five-Diamond restaurant.
• NYE Five-Star, Five-Diamond Dinner – Close out the year in style with award-winning cuisine from chef Kristin Butterworth on Saturday, Dec. 31 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. A separate Five-Star, Five-Diamond Gala is served from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at Lautrec.
The Woodlands Spa at Nemacolin adds these special holiday treatments to its extensive list of options:
• Mint Chocolate Mistle-Toes Pedicure – Deck the heels with a pedicure that begins with a warm chocolate mask for the feet. Next up is an invigorating peppermint scrub followed by a mint massage, leaving the toes and feet refreshed and ready for a primp and polish.
• Cranberry & White Tea Facial –This treatment, high in antioxidants, features a seasonally inspired mask that will leave the skin radiant for the holidays. It also includes a facial pressure point massage.
• Holiday Hot Stone Massage – Notes of butterscotch envelop guests as a steaming hot towel wrap soothes the aches and pains. Next up is an antioxidant-rich body oil drizzle, scented with notes of buttery gingerbread, followed by a thorough massage with hot stones.
For the Kids
Family-centric activities are always part of the fun during the holidays at Nemacolin, and this year is no different:
• Elf Tuck-ins – Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas weekend, parents can arrange for Santa’s little helpers to make visits to guest rooms, read a bedtime story, sprinkle “reindeer dust” and deliver a stocking full of holiday gifts.
• Our Family Masterpiece – From Nov. 23 to Nov. 27, from Dec. 23 to Dec. 24 and from Dec. 28 to Dec. 31, the entire family can visit the resort’s art studio and create a masterpiece on a large canvas with help from an art instructor. Basic images are provided to get the brushes rolling, and the fun includes milk and cookies.
• Bonfire & S’mores – Families can gather at the bonfire pit on the Lodge Lawn and roast S’mores from 5 to 11 p.m. each night from Dec. 24 to Dec.31.
• Family Teambuilding – These activities are great ways to create lasting bonds with the family. From Dec. 26 to Dec. 29, a different teambuilding activity takes place each day, ranging from a cardboard boat regatta to a digital scavenger hunt to a “Minute to Win It” game.
Other seasonally themed activities available include holiday afternoon tea sessions; gingerbread house workshops; live carolers; holiday movie marathons; and Wild Animal shows.
For information about holiday activities, visit nemacolin.com.
ABOUT NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS RESORT
Nemacolin is one of North America's premier luxury resort destinations. Situated on nearly 2,000 acres in Farmington, Pennsylvania, Nemacolin features 320 luxurious guestrooms, suites, townhouses and private upscale homes. The resort offers championship golf, including the Pete Dye-designed Mystic Rock golf course. In July 2017, the property will open Shepherd’s Rock, its second Dye-designed signature course. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy the Shooting Academy; Wildlife Academy that features everything from safari tours to dog sledding; Adventure Center, complete with zip lines and climbing wall; and Jeep Off-Road Driving Academy. Nemacolin also boasts an internationally acclaimed spa collection and 15 restaurants and lounges, including Lautrec, a Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond restaurant experience. For meetings and events, Nemacolin's 32,000 square feet of conference space includes three ballrooms, a lecture hall and 25 meeting rooms.